So whilst having our lazy food just now (pot noodle) i got to thinking about my sister, she always used to either pour pot noodle all over chips, or use it to dunk crisps into… The latter, YUK! So i was thinking about other strange food combinations, (strange to me) and thought i’d make a post about it, because my SO is watching crap on TV i don’t care much for so this will entertain me 😀 Lol. Anyway, Let’s have a think of 10 Strange food combos…………
1. Banana & cheese sandwiches! This just doesn’t sound appetising to me. I’d imagine the bread just going super soggy, makes my stomach turn thinking about it! Some people even make toasties using bananas and cheese :-X
2. Peanut butter & Jelly? Why? I know this is popular in certain areas of the USA, and i like both things on their own, but together? Oh no.
3. Fried dipped in ice cream. This is apparently quite common, and i have seen it done. Never actually tried it. I guess i’m a firm believer in dinner then desert and have been taught not to eat the two together.
4. Cheese & tomatoes on crumpets. I have so been meaning to try this! I always forget when i make them. I’m unsure how it will be. It could go either way.
5. Crisp sandwich (Potato chips). Childhood favourite. Some find odd. I believe they are 100% missing out on a good thing. I am not scared to admit i still have crisp sandwiches now. Just bread and crisps, no butter.
6. Pizza & Nutella. What possesses people to eat these things? I wonder also what type of pizza, or maybe its just dough and nutella, in which case i guess it’s just like a croissant with nutella. Hmmmm.
7. French fries with salad cream or mayo. Oh not his is not good. My SO does this and i think it is disgusting. It’s just wrong on so many levels.
8. Cold rice pudding with custard. Just No! NO NO NO.
9. Battered Mars bar. I don’t know if they do this in the US, but when i was a craze that was high in demand. Not by me! Who thinks this stuff up? I think you can get battered banana too. Strange
10. Crisps (potato chips) dipped in Ketchup. My sister used to do this, she dipped crisps in everything. Me personally i think the crisps taste just fine on their own!
It’s actually harder than i thought to remember weird food combos I’ve seen, but here’s what i can think of and remember. Some are just plain crazy! In my opinion!
What strange food pairings do you do? Dare you admit something strange things you do and eat with your food? Comment with strange combos you or your friends do.
x S x